Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fast Forward

Well, I know I just blogged yesterday, but we just received some awesome news!

Yesterday after I blogged, I had to take my son to be registered for kindergarten, so I guess I didn't hear my phone ring. Then, after the registration I saw this text from my husband "Holt just called, they said that they have received our LOA!"  What?!?  (I just blogged to everyone that we had 4 to 6 weeks.) We were expecting to have a little longer for this time frame. But, the 4 to 6 weeks wait turned into only 2 weeks and 2 days. Don't get me wrong I am very excited, but I am kinda stressed about the financial part. I thought we had a good 6 weeks to come up with the money, now we need it sooner. Because we haven't really had any luck with our recent fundraisers. Just over the weekend, I was stressing about coming up with a lot of money in 6 weeks, and I even prayed to God "If you still want us to continue with this adoption, since it seems like the financial part has kinda brought us to a stop, please give me a sign to continue if that is in your plans". And the next morning, I ran into a woman from China and Dustin gave me the news about the LOA. So, I guess that was a "yes" from God. For some reason, we are just in fast forward mode. Even the lady at our adoption agency said she didn't know what it was, but it seems that China is processing our paperwork at super speed. I guess someone is ready for Sophie to hurry up and come home to her forever family. We are ready also!! So, this means (with us getting our LOA now) that we will be traveling very soon. They told us to start looking at travel dates around June 21 or July 5. So, my wish about wanting Sophie before her birthday, which is in August, has come true! But, we have to give the agency a big chuck of money before they even let us travel. So, now the only thing that is holding us back is the financial part. We will be probably eating a lot of roman noodles. Please if anyone has any creative fundraiser ideas, let us know. Sophie is ready to come home!

2 comments:

  1. http://fundyouradoption.org

    You may have already seen this site but I found it for my parents a week or so ago. I hope this can be helpful some how!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vanessa, we did look into that website and it did help us out some.

    ReplyDelete