Saturday, June 22, 2013

Travel Approved!

Today started off with us taking our son to a muesum. Mainly, I wanted to keep busy because today we could receive our travel approval from China which it would make it two weeks since we received our Article 5. However, they told us it could take up to 3 weeks, so I didn't want to get my hopes up today. Then, we came home and had lunch. I went grocery shopping. Called my sister talked to her for a while. Then, I decided to practice packing for our China trip which they suggest doing. I am glad I did this, because I have some rearranging to do or we need an extra suitcase. Also, over the past week I have been cleaning the house from top to bottom because I know I won't be able to do this once Sophie comes home. Anyway, I had about given up on getting our travel approval when sat down for supper tonight. Then, my phone's email alert sounded and I looked at my email. It was from our adoption agency! It was  an email telling us that they have received our travel approval from China and that in a few days they will be sending our confirmed traveling dates to us. But, we should be traveling in about a month. We were praying that we would travel before school starts (another answered prayer)!

We have our travel approval, Sophie's room is ready, and her family is ready for her arrival including her big brother who says Sophie will be his best friend. Also, the other day just out of the blue, he said "I am just ready for Sophie to come here." So, I am hoping David Ryan will be a great big brother!

We are still short the travel expenses to bring Sophie home. We have a website that takes donations securly, which is  https://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/help-bring-home-sophie-wei/63317.
Please feel free to share this link!

Hopefully, soon you will be following our journey in China. I plan to update this blog daily when we are in China getting Sophie! Please continue to pray for us!

Somewhere out there is a little girl who doesn't know us, but will soon have a forever family who loves her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment