Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wed., July 24- Grocery shopping and passport picture day!

Sophie slept in with Dustin and me waking up at 6, so we are slowing getting back to our normal sleeping schedule. We had to wake Sophie up this morning and she started crying so I had to console her. She was not her happy self, so we down to breakfast. When she realized where we were, she perked up. She loves food! After breakfast, we came back to our room and skyped the family. Her grandaddy enjoyed watching her play. Her aunt played peekaboo with her while her cousins got to hear her laugh and play. Then, her big brother got to see here beat up their daddy. David Ryan told us "I dont want Sophie there (he pointed to the computer screen), I want her here." Then, he told his daddy that he wasnt his best friend anymore that Sophie was his best friend. I am enjoying my time here, but everytime I see my baby boy I am already to go home and be a family of 4. I do miss him so much!

Today we hung out in the room until it was time to meet to go the grocery store. Now, that was interesting. The grocery store was in a mall in a seven story building. We got some snacks, drinks, and more baby items. Then, we had to go and take passport pictures for Sophie.

We also went to Shamian Island (15 minutes from our hotel) to drop off some laundry and do a little shopping. We bought a shirt that says GE GE which means big brother in Chinese for David Ryan and we got one for Sophie that says MEI MEI meaning little sister. We also got Sophie some squeaky shoes for $3 in US dollars (what a deal). We will definitely be coming back here to do some shopping later.  Then, we ate at the famous Lucy's, this restaruant is famous for American food. A lot of adoption parents eat her to get a taste of home. Dustin got a hamburger and fries. I had got a grilled cheese sandwich and fries, I know boring, but it has been a long time since I had one. Sophie had a little of both of our dishes. Also, Sophie had her first taste of Sprite tonight and she was crazy for it. The face she made when she drank it was hilarious! I took a video of it, I will try to upload the video on here. If I cant, then I will try it on Facebook.

We didnt get back to the hotel until  8:30. Sophie took a bath and loves it. She didn't want to get out. Bedtime was a lot better tonight. We told her it was night night time and she said "night night" back to us. I put her in bed between Dustin and me, she sat up for a few minutes then she laid down. In about 10 minutes, she was asleep. I think we wore her out today. She did a lot walking on Shamian Island today. Tonight at bedtime I received my first kiss from her. Dustin leaned over to kiss me good night and then she just leaned over and planted one of my kiss, it two days to get a kiss back. Then, she gave me two more right that. Dustin tried getting one, but she isnt ready for him yet. However, she did give him a big hug today. I am still the only one who can pick her up, but she does allow Dustin to play with her. She plays with him more than she does me.

Oh yeah, let me tell you about her brushing her teeth. She loves to do everything you do. (She even had to hold some of the shopping bags today).She loves brushing her teeth. When Dustin and I spit in the sink after brushing our teeth, she spits on the bathroom floor--LOL. She finally went number 2 today. They are concerned about the children doing this, she did go but it was only a little bit (is that okay, Tobie?).

Sorry for the short blog today, it was a long exhausting day.

                                             Her favorite time of the day (and her daddy's)


                                           At the grocery store



                                           Trying to Americanize her....Cola and Oreo cookies


                                          At Lucy's loving her first taste of Sprite


I tried uploading the video of Sophie with her face and reaction of her first experience of tasting Sprite, but it will not load on the my blog for some reason. I will try it on Facebook later.

1 comment: